Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pear Salad

Sounds good, right? Well it just adds to reason #890308435 that I have gained weight while living in the south.

I have been lamenting to my coworkers about how I don't like how much weight I've gained and how much my blood pressure increased since living here and how hard it is to avoid bad food in the south. Today we went to a small diner and a coworker suggested that I substitute a pear salad for french fries. Pears, good, salad, great, pear salad, nasty crap! (Thanks, Jim Gaffigan, for that line)

What went wrong, you ask? 


Oh, they forgot to mention the cheddar cheese and dollops of mayo on the pear!!!!! GROSS!!! This is what is considered healthy in the south...lettuce, pears, cheese, and at least a 1/4 cup mayo. There is a cherry on top, so it's ok, right? Good Lord.

I scrapped the mayo and cheese off and just ate the pear...well and the cherry :-)

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love that line "nasty crap." That is disgusting! I gained a hefty chunk of weight in the south too, lost it in New York and I'm on my way to gaining it back in the Midwest. It's awful! Cooking from home/bringing lunches is the only solution I've found so far. Oh, and I use sparkpeople.com to track calories (no fun but helpful). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody made these at a party this weekend, and no one ate them. We assumed it was yogurt, not mayo. Gross.

    ReplyDelete