Sunday, April 15, 2012

Friends, Friends, Friends

Thank you God for friends!

The start to this blog is very fitting for the past few days for Drew and I. This is part of a prayer that was said many times when Drew was growing up and also said at our rehearsal dinner by our dear friend and mentor, Pastor Jack. This weekend Pastor Jack past away after a long, hard fought battle with a brain tumor. For those of you who don't know him, he read at our wedding:


He was a great man and a great mentor for how to love as a Christian, own your faults, always strive to be a better person, serve those around you, love and accept those who are different from you, and live for the Lord. He will be greatly missed and we are so blessed that he got to play such a big role in our lives and be a part of our wedding.

And the other reason the title of this blog is so fitting is because I got to catch up with some really great friends this weekend. It's funny to me to think that I have more friends from my past who live in NC than MN. One is Kristina, who I met in Australia, and Emily, who is a friend from high school. They now both live within 90 minutes of me now that I live in NC. My husband is my best friend, but nothing replaces "girl time" and "girl talk." It was so great to catch up with my girlfriends, enjoy dinner and drinks with both (plus some shopping (Kristina) and exercising (Emily) is good for me)!

This is an exciting week for me because Tuesday officially marks the end of tax season, Wednesday is my birthday, and Friday we are heading to Myrtle beach for a long weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment