Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ms. Maddie

For those of you who don't know this, Drew and I took the Manning family dog, Maddie, with us to North Carolina after we got married. I LOVE Maddie, my mom loves Maddie, but that's about the extent of the love for Maddie in the Manning house. She is not what you would call the best behaved dog, but I love her and she loves me. When Drew asked my dad for permission to marry me, he had a few key questions, "Will you love my daughter and be faithful to her? Will you bring her back to MN when it works best for the two of you? Will you take Maddie away from me....PLEASE?!"

Drew loves dogs, his family has had two very well behaved dogs and they are dog people. He tolerated Maddie at first because he viewed her and I as a package deal. If he got me, he got Maddie.

Well I can officially say now that Drew also loves Maddie. If I leave a grocery list on the counter, I'll come home and Drew will have added to it, "Toy for Maddie." I knew it wouldn't take long for him to love her like I do, but one of the things that comes with owning a dog that you just don't figure in is the cost of the Vet. OH MAN! I understood the cost off dog food, but did not understand the cost of Frontline, Heartworm, shots, and exams. After spending $270 today, it was a reality check. So I'm dedicating this blog to Maddie. She is pretty tuckered out from her stressful hour at the vet with 3 shots and the anxiety attack that she had in the lobby (self induced).

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Maddie (captions are from Maddie's perception):

This is the only piece of furniture we have for the first month we live in NC....well, then, we shall share it!

So sleepy!

NEW TOY!!!!

What? Did I do something wrong?

I love to cuddle

Yeah, that's right. He loves me. 

Halloween costume. Bad Dog. 

If you lay on the floor, that must mean you want to cuddle with me, right?

This guest bed isn't for me? Too bad. 

Scratch my tummy, PLEASE!!

My hiding spot when I get anxious. 

HELLO!

You didn't leave any room for me on the couch, you left me no option. 

So cold...


OK, now I can officially admit I have a problem. I take too many pictures of my dog. I only shared about half of what I have on my phone.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Maddie!! I can see the anxiety attack at the vet now!!! You have to love her!!!!

    ReplyDelete